If you are interested in employment at Warren County REMC, please send a resume along with an employment application or visit the office for an employment application.
Warren County REMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Warren County REMC is looking for a Journeyman Line worker.
Successful candidates will meet the qualifications listed below, including possessing a valid Class A CDL and must live in or relocate to the Warren County vicinity or in a close proximity in Warren County REMC service area.
The Journeyman/Lineman is responsible for line construction, installation, maintenance and to assure continuity of service for the rural electric distribution system. To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the position in a satisfactory manner.
• Follow industry accepted best practices for installation and maintenance of underground and overhead power lines.
• Install single and three phase overhead and underground transformers and other distribution equipment.
• Install distribution transformers, new service security lights, regulators, capacitors and protective line equipment.
• Operation of fuses, switches and sectionalizing equipment in distribution systems.
• Provide assistance during substation maintenance and switching.
• Support power restoration duties after an outage.
• Complete service orders required for the position.
• Consistent availability for on-call duties as requested.
• Properly maintain and show care for essential job-related equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
• Qualified applicant must have a valid Indiana CDL driver's license, high school diploma or equivalent.
• Candidate must have successfully completed a recognized apprenticeship program by the U.S. Department of Labor.
• Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years' experience as an apprentice lineman.
• Candidate must be able to communicate effectively, demonstrate the mechanical and physical ability to perform the work.
• Candidate must be proficient in electric utility line work.
• CPR and First Aid certified.
• Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug test Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Position involves outside work in all kinds of weather, some heavy lifting, occasional overtime and overnight travel.
• Must be physically able to perform the job.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from the waist height unassisted.
• Ability to frequently climb poles and be exposed to heights of 55 feet or more.
• Ability to work in awkward positions requiring lower body strength (need to qualify).
• Frequently works with or near energized lines (normally in voltage classes of 7.2KV to 12.47KV) and equipment requiring safe work habits and performed in accordance to established work procedures and specifications to avoid electric shock and injury.
• Ability to work in a noisy outdoor environment in variable weather.
• Frequently sits in a line truck to drive or ride to various work sites.
• Occasionally works at night, on weekends and holidays to repair power lines in the restoration of power, often in low light levels and varied weather conditions – must perform on-call duty assignments. • Exposed to hazardous environments, materials and machinery.
• May be required to walk in uneven or poor terrain (road ditches, right-of-way, underbrush) during poor weather conditions.
• Strong sensory skills, such as good hearing, dexterity, feeling, and good eyesight, including the use of peripheral vision.
• Must live within a 10-mile radius of the Warren CO. REMC.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the principles and practice in line construction service, operation and maintenance requirements of an electric distribution system.
• Working knowledge of the operations, maintenance and repair of switching and sectionalizing equipment.
• Working knowledge of the installation of transformers, wiring of transformer banks, regulators, capacitors and other electrical equipment
• Working knowledge of RUS specifications, National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code; also, state and county electrical requirements.
• Good interpersonal communication skills to work closely with members and other employees.
• Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive member information, such as disconnections for non-payment.
• Ability to follow directions of supervisor and senior members of the team.
• Ability to make informed decisions efficiently and effectively.
• Basic mathematical abilities.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and manage tasks and time effectively. Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Warren Co REMC offers excellent benefits including a pension plan, 401(k) savings, healthcare, HSA with a generous employer contribution and much more. Joining the co-op family will prove to be a welcoming, friendly experience where employees are focused on providing the best service to all members. Join this unique, not-for-profit business that truly values employees and encourages life-long learning and development. If you have the experience and abilities needed to be successful in this position, and you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply. We look forward to learning more about you.
If you are Interested in this great opportunity and meet the qualifications above,
apply confidentially with the application above or stop by our office and fill out an application.